Wisdom Arises Through Understanding

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chinese New Year Preparation

Chinese New Year is just around the corner and personally have been busy helping my mom make some preparation like buying stuff, decorating the house, changing new notes, getting her to the hair saloon for hair perming. In the midst of helping mom, i also had to get things done on my side to prepare gifts and stuff. During the whirlwind.... I so often check the state of the mind that I have when I go around.

Sometimes the mental state is rushed and stressed out. When this happens, i also notice that my breathing becomes very shallow. This in turn creates more stress and worry. In a very curious way, i was seeing how when i breath shallowly, i create more suffering. How did i come to be mindful of this ?? This I have to thank Sifu Hoh who i met over last weekend Dynamic retreat that i organised. Being a Chi Gong master, he observed that i do not have much "chi" resulting in me feeling fatigue very easily. His reminder of how shallow breathing is a norm for people who are rushing and this becomes a habit that we repeat when we sleep. No wonder I wake up feeling tired.

So with this new information, I start to observe the way i breath and whenever i catch myself breathing shallowly, i mindfully take a deep breath and breath out slowly through the mouth.
True enough, as i catch myself breathing shallowly and i take deep breaths, i do not experience so much tiredness throughout the day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sharing. Will check on my breathing from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete